After finishing his book – Cruising to Profits – Transformational Strategies for Sustained Airline Profitability – Millennium Aviation’s Ricardo Pilon was asked to do an interview regarding it and passenger experience in the airline industry in general.
Ricardo’s book is about helping the airline industry to be more profitable. It’s 2014 and the airline business has celebrated its first 100 years of commercial flights and decades of phenomenal growth. Between 2000 and 2010, however, the airline industry lost over USD 40 billion – more than it made in the first 90 years combined.
Find out what Ricardo has to say about:
- Flight operations versus commercial aviation
- Focusing on more than just the air transport aspect
- The importance of building deeper connections with the traveling public
- Democratization in the air travel industry
- Why personalization should be a priority for airlines