Delta is the first US carrier to take the title in a decade. ATW cited several categories including innovation and leadership by executive management, strong financial discipline and consistent high standards of customer service amongst others.
Delta CEO Richard Anderson said, “It’s an honor to have the hard work of Delta people recognized with the Airline of the Year award from Air Transport World…The professionalism and commitment of Delta people to our company, to one another and to our customers is unmatched.”
Here are some of the other winners:
- Etihad Airways – Market Leadership
- Westjet – Value Airline of the Year
- SkyWest – Regional Airline of the Year
- JetBlue – Technology Leadership
- Singapore Changi Airport – Airport of the Year
- Alex de Gunten, ALTA (Latin American and Caribbean Air Transport Association) – 2014 Decade of Excellence
A great start to the year for these airlines, Delta in particular.