Where are the best and worst airports to sleep in? For those frequent flyers out there, this is a very important question. We don't always plan on crashing on an airport floor but as we know, these things happen, whether it's down to weather, faults, or general delays, even the best of us cave to sleeping in any place we can find.
Sleepinginairports.net (yes this exists and it's awesome!) run annual polls and surveys with as many as 18,000 responses. They rank these sleeping spots under their 4 C's: comfort, conveniences, cleanliness and customer service.
So here are the best places to take your naps and the worst.
5. Kuala Lumpur International Airport
4. Amsterdam Schiphol Airport
3. Hong Kong International Airport
2. Seoul Incheon
1. Singapore Changi
Listed a little differently, the worst aren't ranked into a top 10 but broken down into regions. Here are the regions with a couple of examples of their worst airports to sleep in.
- Africa- Lagos, Tripoli, Luanda
- Asia- Manila NAIA (terminal 1), Mumbai, Islamabad
- Caribbean, Central and South America- Caracas, Rio de Janeiro GaleÃ£o, Managua
- Europe- Rome Fiumicino, Paris Beauvais, Frankfurt Hahn
- Middle East- Jeddah, Damascus, Dammam
- North America- Los Angeles, New York City JFK, Newark
- South Pacific- Tonga, Perth, Sydney
As we at Blue Sky know, it's all about making the passenger experience as seamless and trouble free as possible. Even if the inevitable means looking after over night sleepers in airports. Customer service people!